Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I PoooooPeeeed

At some point, you will want what you have already had. This will apply to a meal, a pair of jeans, a person, a food, a drink, a pet, a vision or your health. Something.

I try to keep this in mind. It helps to make me appreciate the moment even if its hard to. People, especially older people, always tell me to enjoy my children and to enjoy this time in my life because it will be gone before I know it. This is a difficult concept at times when he wants bubble gum just after ice cream and she's changed clothes for the 5th time in the same day and Daddy wants to play golf again. By the way, we're on outfit number 2 and it's 10 o'clock.

But I try. I try because one day, this house will be quiet. He will be working making a living for his own family and she will have children and a home of her own. Daddy will still be playing golf but I'll be remembering days like today. When there's a whirlwind of confusion and somebody screaming, "I PoooooPeeed."

2 comments:

  1. So I guess what your saying is that I should be glad that I am in the middle of the terrible twos at my house!)

    ReplyDelete