Friday, September 30, 2011

Puppies and Sweatbands

When we were younger, my brother and I for the most part got along really well. Sista was much, much younger than us so usually it was just me and him. I did mostly "boy things". I never really played with dolls or barbies. For one I couldn't stand the mess it made and for two, those plastic faces just genuinely freaked me out and still do. So we did alot outside. We built BMX trails in the woods and had dirt-bomb wars. We rode bikes and built ramps. We played by a creek in our neighborhood that was super creepy and chased crawdads. We played outside.

Brother was always good to me. Sure we had our share of wrestling matches. I broke his arm once. He almost pushed me down the stairs another time. But we loved eachother and were and still are good friends.

Big and Lil' have a really good relationship too. I am afraid however that Big has inherited my knack for pickin'. He is constantly messing with her, trying to get a rise out of her. Since the day she was born, he has made it his job to make her scream and yell. He loves her for sure. He just loves to pick also.

Yesterday, while Big was at school, Lil' came to me with a question about a note that Big had left her. The note was taped to one of the little houses that she plays with constantly. It read:
"Hey Lil' -
Where are your little puppies you play with all the time?
Signed, Big"

I read it outloud before I had a chance to understand what he had done. It was a ransom note and he was out for blood this time. The look on Lil's face said it all. She would get to the bottom of this and quickly. She tore apart her room. She went through all of her buckets and buckets of small tiny plastic creatures. The puppies were gone and only Big knew where they were.

She couldn't wait for us to pick him up from school. She had her dooks up and she was ready to dance. "Hey Big, I got your note. Where are my puppies?" An evil grin spread across his face like butter on warm bread. "I don't know. I haven't seen them," he said. "Oh you haven't? Well I haven't seen your sweatbands either."

Stay tuned until next week when we discover the truth about puppies and sweatbands....

No comments:

Post a Comment