Thursday, May 21, 2009

I Love Where We Live


Last week I took Big Rucci on a field trip to Magnolia Plantation. I totally forgot how awesome this place is. It is absolutely beautiful and a definite must on the list of things to do with Grandma and Grandpa P next time. 2 of my friends got married there about 8 years ago and I haven't made it out there since then. But this is definatey going to be added in to the list of "What to do with your kids when you're bored out of your mind." There was a little tram that took us all over the plantation but the most fascinating part of the tour for me was seeing this man who is 86 years old still working out there. The man isn't part of the tour, we just happened to see him. They've traced his ancestry back to the slaves that once worked on the plantation. They say he only works alone but he's there most every day on a tractor doing something. Isn't that amazing? One other fun fact. The plantation was given as a wedding gift from Mr. Drayton to his daughter and new son-in-law. Give me a break. I think Daddy Rucci and I were given a bottle of whiskey but you're not hearing any complaints from me on that. Here are some pics of our trip.


















Wow. I love where we live.







No comments:

Post a Comment