Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ahhhhhh Edisto

I hear you calling me. I know its time for me to come see you. If anybody out there isn't familiar with Edisto, it's a small little island just 45 minutes south of Charleston. Here are some reasons I love Edisto and you should too.

- As soon as you make the turn towards Edisto, you're heartbeat automatically slows down. It's undeniable.

- King's Market has the best tomato pie you'll ever eat. Throw an onion one in there and its pure heaven. The chocolate one will take your breath away and you can order all of these online and have them shipped to you. You should.

- You'll see more wildlife in and out of the water than you will at any aquarium or zoo.

- The little Piggly Wiggly, and I mean little, not only has some awesome fried chicken but you can buy fishing bait there too if you want.

- I swear the sunsets make you actually think the sun kisses the Earth goodnight right across the forehead of the St. Helena sound every evening.

- My kids are so happy when we're there, their heads almost pop off. And if they want to pee on the beach, other people not only applaud you for letting them, but laugh so hard and then offer you a beer.

Edisto is perfect. It is kind and gentle. Like a warm blanket that smells like salty air that you want to sleep under and snuggle up with day after day after day after day after day.


Ahhhhhh Edisto. I'll be there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment