Monday, January 31, 2011

The Memories It Holds

I have a shelf. My kitchen shelf. It holds some of my favorite things in the world.


In the span of a day, I look at this shelf no less than 25,000 times. Easily.

I love mason jars and I have lots of them because I think they're cool. Real cool man. And I put only my favorite things in my jars. Like an afternoon at the beach in January with my kids...


And like dirt from my Mama's farm in NC with a picture of me and my Grandpa playing in it.


But then there's this guy who doesn't need a jar. He's alright all alone and he's from a day in Jackson Hole that I'll never, ever forget.


Who knew God made rocks shaped like hearts for you to find on your tenth anniversary. Anyways, I love my little shelf and all the memories it holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment