Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I Just Thought You Should Know


Dear January,

I've got some things I want to get off my chest. I've tried for years to keep this to myself but I can't do it any longer. If I try, I might explode.

I think you suck as a month. You've got a bad attitude, you're cold, you're worried about what you just spent on Christmas, you start thinking about your taxes. Your days have the least amount of sunshine. I think you should try just appreciating that the rest of the months let you in to their year. Enough with the hum dee dum.

Sure, you hold some of my favorite people's birthdays in your lives but you need to get over yourself. You need to realize that we could all do without you and go from December right on into February without thinking twice about you. But we let you in. We let you hang out your 31 rotten days.

I know this all sounds a little harsh but everyone's talking about you behind your back and I just thought you should know.

1 comment: