Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Slow Down Life. You're Moving Too Fast.

I usually love well-visits at my doctor's office. For a split second, I can look at my kids and see them as little babies again. Still growing and changing and having "new firsts". I forget about "new firsts" too much. I remember when Big was little and I told someone that I tried to do something new with him everyday that he'd never done before and it was easy because it was all new to him. Things are still new to him and even more for Lil' but I've gotten too busy to show them or share it with them. I'm going to work on that.

Anyways, the doctor confirmed what I've always known. My kids are both super long and super skinny for their ages. Big is off the charts for his height but is in the 50th percentile for weight. Our doctor says he'll most likely be 6'2 or 6'3. Lil' is in the 97th percentile for height and is expected to be around 5'7 or 5'8. She's also a skinny minny and in the 50th percentile.

They both told the doctor that they don't like vegetables and try not to drink their milk. Thanks for the "mom of the year" vote guys. Appreciate that. She told them to wear helmets when they ride their bikes and to take vitamins.

Today at the doctor it seemed like I didn't know them. When I stopped to look at my little babies, I could hardly recognize them. They don't resemble the tiny little newborns laying on the crinkly paper anymore. They move. They jump. They are loud. The questions from the doctor aren't about pooping and bottles anymore. They are about shapes and sentences and bike helmets. Slow down life. You're moving too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment