Monday, June 22, 2009

I'll Keep Ya'll Posted

So teaching Big to swim was a breeze. Nettie did it when I was on a trip to Japan. I left, the kid was in swimmies, I came back, he was jumping off the side looking like a shorty Michael Phelps. No big deal. He was 2 1/2.

Lil' has been a different story. She is more like Greg Louganis probably was on his first dive after the skull ringer he took. She's petrified and she hates it. We just finished a week of swimming lessons in Chapin. She has never been more upset with me in her entire life. She screamed the entire time. That was unfortunate because it only made for a bigger mouth full of water when I said "3!" and pushed her back to Ms. Missy.

Other than the lessons we had the best time living it up in the country for a week. 2 of my besties and their kids came along. And 2 of my other ones already live there. I'm pretty sure everybody had fun, even if the Mama's had to have a slight buzz in their head that wasn't a result of the heat if you know what I'm saying.

Here's Lil' using cooking as therapy...


Here's Big and his new girlfriend having a "dive-off"...


Here are the kids on the back of Papa's Uncle Willy...

As for the swimming lessons, I did see some small success at the end of the week when Lil' could find the wall and pull herself up when we did mock "fall-in" drills. But for now she remains seriously mad which is again unfortunate because I'm not sure she is aware of how stuborn ole' Mama is. That child will swim if it's the last thing that happens this summer. I'll keep ya'll posted.






No comments:

Post a Comment