Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Pura Vida!

The girls and I all turned 40 together in 2016. We've been discussing a trip for years where we not only celebrated our age, but our decadeS long friendship. Last year we made it happen only not all of us were able to go. This was unfortunate but only gives us more of a reason to plan another trip soon.

We wanted to go somewhere that would have a little something for all of us and since G and I haven't been to Costa Rica, K was able to easily convince us this was the place we should go.

Costa Rica is beautiful. There is no doubt about that. It also brings out your inner hippie and makes me just want to rub patchouli all over myself and grow dreadlocks. There really is something to the idea of living in nature and appreciating what God has done here and letting that guide you through life.

It felt good to not have cell service and to eat rice and beans in shacks with no air conditioning. The people there have a certain peace about them that I was envious of. I tried to bring it back with me but that was kind of difficult considering Hurricane Matthew had just passed through Charleston.

But for a day or two it was awesome to relax my brain and only worry about where my next Imperial was gonna come from.














So the Hurricane blew in and out while we were away and we came home to a missing palm tree and a trashed yard. We were very lucky. It's March now and this was back in October - I have friends who still haven't been able to move back in their homes.




Even though I left my hippie soul back in Puerto Viejo I try and remind myself of this as often as I can...

"Pura Vida! Means that no matter what your current situation is, life for someone else can always be less fortunate than your own. So you need to consider that maybe..just maybe, your current situation isn't that bad and that no matter how little or how much you have in life, we are here together and life is short."

No comments:

Post a Comment