Wednesday, March 8, 2017

One Season after Another

Hunting...

I can't really remember if I ever measured the year in seasons like other people do such as summer, fall, winter and spring. Growing up the daughter of an avid hunter, my year was always broken into dove season, duck season, turkey season and heat.

Most of my fondest memories with my Dad were in the swamp or a dove field. Those memories will probably be Big's favorite when he gets older too.

Papa and Big spend a lot of time hunting or looking for things to hunt or looking for places where they can hunt. He's passing his passion down and Big is picking up every drop.








I'm bettin' on Big breaking the year down like I do - one season after another.

"The best thing about hunting and fishing is that you don't have to actually do it to enjoy it. You can go to bed every night thinking how much fun you had twenty years ago, and it all comes back as clear as moonlight."
Robert Ruark, The Old Man and The Boy



No comments:

Post a Comment