Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Where She's Been

Because I want to make sure that this post by my sister makes it into my blog book, I've copied and pasted it here. Not only is she awesome because I can always count on her to capture the moment, but she's also great because she loves her nieces and nephews enough to make special trips like this one when I can't go. Nettie comes from here and these are all reasons why we love her....

Where I Have Been

I have been so excited about this post. I could hardly wait until I got home to share where I have been, because I can promise you- there's nothing, absolutely nothing quite like it.

The last few days I have been digging my bare feet in the sand and smelling whiffs of old tobacco barns. I have been covered in cat hair and dog hair and loving every minute of it. I have been eating field peas with snaps and drinking Mountain Dews. I have been hearing chickens, donkeys, tractors, and the hum window ac units mixed with Grandma's big band 1930s music. I have been to a place where time is a lot s..l..o..w..e..r. And let me tell you- it feels so good to slow down. There's truly no way of explaining where I have been, so I'll just have to show you.










This is where my mama's from and this is where a lot of the parts of my siblings and I come from. I see glimpses of us from time to time whether it may be in the swimming hole, in the barn, on the other end of a fishing line, or inside a giant magnolia tree. Now, I even see it in these little faces...







Yep, this is where I have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment