Monday, February 22, 2010

22 Ba Jillion Reasons

Your Daddy was born 35 years ago today on February 22. It was a Saturday and he came into the world at 2:22am. Because of the time and date of his birth, his lucky number has always been 22. So. Here's a list of 22 things we love about Daddy.

1 - His heart-shaped birthmark in his right blue-green eye.
2 - His hands.
3 - His sillyness.
4 - His love of a fire in the stove.
5 - He takes me to basketball games.
6 - He plays with me in my dollhouse.
7 - Sometimes he smells like sour milk. Sounds gross but smells like home.
8 - He was and is still a superior athlete.
9 - He loves to hunt even though he is a Yankee.
10 - He loves that he is a Yankee.
11 - His chisseled chin.
12 - He surfs.
13 - He loves Warren.
14 - He always wakes up happy.
15 - He loves me.
16 - He loves them.
17 - He takes care of us.
18 - He is a good friend.
19 - He loves his parents.
20 - He loves my parents.
21 - His laugh.
22 - His poots sound funny.

There are moments in time that you can look back on and know that day was extra touched by God. That day in January when I met you is one of them for me. That one day changed the course of my life and I'm so thankful for it. I love you for 22 ba jillion reasons.


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Daddy Rucci...Our lives are all the better for having you in them.

    ReplyDelete