Tuesday, December 15, 2009

They Will Never Ever Forget You

I have lots of great memories from growing up. They all float around in my head from day to day and come to my consciousness from time to time reminding me of something from my past. Memory can be a great gift.

I will never forget a hero I had in high school. He was magnetic. A force. A beautiful force with a bright shining smile. He was everything. Could do anything. And he always did it well. He once carried me off the softball field when I broke my foot. He picked me up like I was a feather. Like a firefighter would in a fire. Like a cop would after an accident. He grew up. He became a real hero and has been a pilot in the military for a long time now.

He has brain cancer now. They say he is going to pass before Christmas. I pray for his family. His friends. For all the people he touched because there is a long, long list of us. Be a good memory for someone and they will never ever forget you.

No comments:

Post a Comment