Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's On Like Donkey Kong

It is upon us. I see it in their eyes. I hear it in their voices. The hounds have been released and they smell... Christmas. Things have gotten a lot louder in our house this week. There is the usual constant motion and commotion but its mixed with sounds of ornaments falling off the tree and the occasional shriek of "There he is" or "Look at those lights." I can't blame them though. I love Christmas too.

What I love about it has changed over the years. Gotten a little more detailed. I love watching the movie "Christmas Vacation." Who doesn't? But what I love the most is when the little doors of Dec. 24th open up on the Christmas advent house. Don't ask me why, I just do. It's my favorite part.

I also love the way a Santa hat feels. Can't explain it. I just know that there's nothing else that feels that way in the whole world.

One other random thing is the electric candles in the windows. If Daddy would let me, I'd leave them on in my room all night. I love staring at them from the inside of the house and the feeling of excitement that I've gotten from that since I was a little girl.

Anywho - My kids are pumped, primed and ready. Lil' had her Christmas program tonight at school and she was amazing. After tonight, it's on like Donkey Kong.



No comments:

Post a Comment