Thursday, March 4, 2010

What Life Is All About

Life most certainly has its ups and downs. And those ups and downs are completely invisible to a 6 year old or a 3 year old. Children appear to be the most consistent creatures on earth. As adults, we ingest so many things throughout the day that are good and bad that sway our moods and alter our mental and physical state. A child only wants 2 things at any point: to play and to eat. So simple, isn't it? Play and Eat.

On the days when I found myself a little down in the dumpsters, its my children that remind me of life's simple blessings. They bring a smile to my face when its almost impossible. They bring a giggle to my throat when there is a lump. They can smooth over most any wrinkle and sew together people so tightly that unraveling is completely impossible.

Daddy and I are so thankful for the Big and the Lil'. We are grateful for the lessons they teach us and for the people they encourage us to be. They push us to be better. To work harder. To be happier. To play more. To eat more.

Children come to you in a complicated explosion and then spend their early years teaching you that life really is simple. You play. You eat. But then you find yourself loving them so purely and dearly.  And this is the bond between young and old. This is the union between generations. This is what life is all about.

1 comment: