Monday, November 23, 2009

I Like the Way I Look

Big is starting to get very opinionated about what he wears. He's never cared before except for that maybe his cape wasn't correctly attached to his Batman suit but for whatever reason, he cares now.

He likes to wear his pants pulled up really high which means I still have to make sure that any jeans I buy have the elastic on the inside. He's scared that someone might see his underwear. I try to explain that it would be slightly more embarrassing if they caught him without wearing any at all.

Lately, on his way out the door to school, after he brushes his hair and teeth, he says, "Mama, I like the way I look." Just like that. I think he maybe heard the guy from the Men's Warehouse commercial say, "You're gonna like the way you look" and even though the boy has no suit, he does.

I'm glad he has confidence. I hope he keeps it. I hope every morning when he grows up he walks out the door saying to himself, "I like the way I look."

2 comments:

  1. Love it! JL is all on the sudden very into his clothing and hair too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way he looks, no matter what way he looks!

    ReplyDelete