Monday, September 7, 2009

The Best Decision I Ever Made

Ten years ago Friday, Daddy and I celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary. Our family's first birth. We looked back on the day and remembered what stood out for us. His things were how hot it was, my brother walking in the church with his tux balled up under his arm, seeing all our friends on the carriage after the ceremony. My things were drinking whiskey on the steps of the church before walking down the aisle (an old family tradition), seeing Daddy at the end of the aisle and watching him cry when he said his vows.

I remembered thinking about my tenth anniversary on my wedding day. It's amazing how quickly it came. Here's what's funny though - ten years of marriage seems like a long time but its really not. It's more of a drop in the bucket if you think about it. We have roughly 5 more decades of marriage to go in our lives. And that seems like alot. But I know its going to fly by.

In ten years, we've had our share of good days and bad days. But I would do it all over again. Every day, every minute. Good and bad. I can't imagine my life any other way and I can't imagine ever being without Daddy. Sept. 4, 1999 made me happier, made me stronger and gave me peace and it was the best decision I ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment