Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Summer of the Lion Pt. 2

Okay. So moving on into August. Our family enjoys every last drop of summer and we have been known to come back from vacation late the night before school starts. I don't care. I don't get this time back y'know. This summer was no exception. Except for the fact that we went BIG!

This September will be our 15th anniversary. You kids will realize one day that no matter how much you love somebody, marriage is a really hard thing. It's important to stay together and stick it out because there are only a handful of people in this world who stick with you through anything. It's usually the ones you are born with, give birth to and die with. If you are really lucky, sometimes you'll have people in between that refuse to give up on you too. But the lesson here is marry smart and marry well because you damn sure need somebody you can trust in this life. 

So with all that said, I'm proud of our 15th anniversary. Daddy and I have put our time in. We've reached a length of time together that garners some respect. I'm not gonnna lie and say it's all been roses but 15 years is solid and you can bet your ass I'm happy I've got your Daddy to dig into it with.

The first time I ever visited this place was when Daddy and I were just engaged. It was 16 years ago but that's not what's important. What IS important is that from the first moments my feet hit that dirt, my life was altered. Being here was like looking into the face of God himself. It is that beautiful. The beauty of the mountains leaks out into fiber of the place. The air, the sky, the rivers, the smell, the people. You get a sense that God surely took his time because it's that beautiful and for that reason, you know you are on hallowed ground. 

A dream came true for me 2 weeks ago. Taking my babies out there has always been something I wanted to do. Because I want you to know what's there. I want you to know that you've got to take care of it and I want you to feel what it does to you.

Montana...


Day before. You had no idea what was coming.




























No comments:

Post a Comment