Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I Made Pancakes

I'm trying to pretend like today isn't really happening. It's not really working out though. Every where I turn I see it...August 21st. If it's not the date, it's someone asking me if you made it to school alright. Or did I cry. Or did you cry. What did I make for breakfast. On and on.

It is seriously unbelievable to me that she is a 1st grader and he is a 5th grader. Can someone please tell me when this happened? All I did was blink and bam! Here we are.

I'm so proud of each one of you. Her because she is so stinking sweet. And loving. And thoughtful. And him because he is ridiculously smart. And cool. And fun to be around.

I watched you pull out of the driveway and yes, there was a lump in my throat. You did make it to school alright. No, neither of you cried. And I made pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment