Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Crush on Fall

Can you smell it? Can you taste it? Can you see it? Can you feeeeeeeel it? Here's how I know it's almost Fall....

I wanna buy apples. Any kind of apple. Preferably one that says "Mountain" on it.

I don't wanna wear just tank tops. No, no friends. They must be layered now - underneath things.

There are leaves in my garage. And dog hair. And leaves.

I bought red wine today instead of white. On purpose. Oh and I've been thinking of whiskey.

And camping.

Almost every male member of my family has a little grin on their face because hunting season is just around the corner.

I wanna take my sweet little Mamas to get rubbed on. Oh, you've got a dirty mind. I'm talkin' bout my boots!

Yes, Fall is here. The wind has shifted from heavy and thick, to thin and chilly. The sky looks different and the shadows are longer. Fall is a page turner for those of us down South. Not necessarily a whole chapter. It's a brief moment to catch our breath. To breathe in and to breathe out  and take in all that nature gives us.

I've got a secret and please, don't tell Summer...I think I've got a crush on Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment